Clear thoughts, clear acting.
Coaching for Applicants Seeking Professorships at Conservatories
How this coaching can help you:
Have you gained ample performance and/or teaching experience and now want to pass on your knowledge to the next generation? Would you like to apply for a professorship, but you do not quite know how?
A competitive application for a professorship requires insider knowledge, excellent teaching demonstrations, stringent pedagogical concept work, and eloquence in the interview process.
During my time as both member and chairperson on many appointment committees, I observed time and again how suitable candidates were prematurely dismissed from the interview process due to a lack of knowledge and preparation – mostly regarding teaching demonstrations and institutional structures.
My coaching offers a clear, sound, and structured path, guiding you step by step from the application to your professorship appointment.
The building blocks of the coaching:
- A first consultation (free of charge)
- A personalized day tailored to your needs with conversations, analysis and simulation of teaching demonstrations
- The accompaniment to the successful application
- Additional one-on-one coachings
- Preparation and debriefing of your teaching demonstrations
- Review of your teaching and pedagogical concept documents
- My availability to you for further questions and/or feedback in person, by phone, or by e-mail at no additional price
- A certified training as Systemic Coach at the European Business School (EBS) with Wilhelm Backhausen,
- Advanced training in solution-oriented short coaching (LOKC) with Sabine Asgodom
- Over 20 years experience as a university professor, many years as a chair of the voice department and dean
- Experience as a member, chair, and external expert on appointment committees in Germany, Switzerland and France.
- Over 35 years of international experience on operatic, concert and recital stages
- A sound intuition for people
- Several years of coaching experience
- A lengthy roster of successful former students
- Success stories of former clients who now hold professorships